We are pleased to offer telemedicine to our clients! These appointments may be booked as a video exchange between you, your horse and your veterinarian or as a written exchange where you upload your videos/images/documents and receive a response by your selected doctor within 24hrs hours.
In case of EMERGENCY, DO NOT USE this service and call 707-721-4402.
STEP by STEP PROCESS FOR BOOKING YOUR CONSULTATION
1. Book Telemedicine Consultation:
• Select today’s date & first available time slot.
• Press 'Book Now'
2. Complete Form:
• Provide client & patient information
• Email & phone number are required
3. Check Out: Telemedicine is invoiced by time, expertise and complexity. $150 is required up front. Estimates range from $155-850.
4. Receive a secure Google Drive link by email. Please read
Dr. Halsberghe's information below for details on what needs to be submitted.
5. Once your documents, photos and videos are uploaded, your case will be evaluated for initial scope of work, and an estimate will be emailed to you for approval.
5. Once we've received your approval on the estimate, you can expect to receive a written response within 24hours.
A NOTE from Dr. Halsberghe on how to get the most out of you consultation:
In order to get the most out of your telemedicine consult for you and your horse and to allow the doctor to make the best possible differential diagnose and treatment plan, we encourage you to provide us with as much detailed information as possible about your horse as well as to make sure the uploaded imaging material is of good quality. To help you guide through the process of gathering the right information, please adhere to the following checklist (on Google Drive):
1. Client/Patient Questionnaire
2. Medical History
3. Diagnostic Imaging
All information is to be uploaded into the provided, secure Google Drive folder. The Google Drive will come pre-populated with the required folders for you to fill. A more detailed PDF with the above checklist and further details will also be included in the drive.
If you have any questions about how to or what to upload to the Google Drive or if you are having trouble accessing your drive, please call Krissy at Petaluma Equine at 925-788-4607 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For written telemedicine consultations, clients will be charged for the time spent by the veterinarian, even if consultations are cancelled.