We are pleased to offer telemedicine to our clients! These appointments may be booked as a video exchange between you, your horse and your veterinarian or as a written exchange where you upload your videos/images/documents and receive a response by your selected doctor within 24hrs hours.
In case of EMERGENCY, DO NOT USE this service and call 707-721-4402.
Veterinarians can receive an expert opinion on a challenging case by submitting relevant information. A written report and phone call will follow within 24hrs.
STEP by STEP PROCESS FOR BOOKING YOUR CONSULTATION
1. Book Telemedicine Consultation:
• Select today’s date & first available time slot.
• Press 'Book Now'
2. Complete Form
3. Check Out: No fee will be collected at checkout. We will invoice the veterinarian directly based on time spent. The veterinarian can then charge their client appropriately.
4. Receive a secure Google Drive link by email. Please read information below for details on what needs to be submitted.
5. Once we've received all documents requested, you can expect to receive a written response within 24hours.
A NOTE from Dr. Heidmann on how to get the most out of you consultation:
In order to get the most out of your telemedicine consult, we encourage you to provide us with as much detailed information as possible about the case as well as to make sure the uploaded imaging material is of good quality.
1. Relevant Medical History (including all laboratory results)
2. Diagnostic Imaging (DICOM format preferred or high resolution JPEGs)
5. Specific Questions for Dr. Heidmann
All information is to be uploaded into the provided, secure Google Drive folder.
If you have any questions about how to or what to upload to the Google Drive or if you are having trouble accessing your drive, please call Krissy at Petaluma Equine at 925-788-4607 or email her at email@example.com.
For written telemedicine consultations, clients will be charged for the time spent by the veterinarian, even if consultations are cancelled.